AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) Web Design
Built to Load Fast, we design Stunning Accelerated Mobile Pages
More and more people access WordPress Websites via mobile platforms like smartphones and tablets. Mobile browsing can be quite frustrating because of how slowly content tends to load. This can cause users to abandon web pages that take forever to render, which is a problem for publishers who need visitors to their sites to stay on and engage with their web pages in order to generate revenue.
In 2015, Google introduced the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project. With AMP, publishers can create optimized mobile content that allow for static web pages to load faster, improving the overall user experience (UX). The AMP project is open source, which allows for anyone to contribute suggestions and ideas on how to improve mobile content load times.
ACCELERATED MOBILE PAGES (AMP) WEB DESIGN SACRAMENTO
Google is the most popular search engine out there and it is crucial to pay attention and keep up with what they are doing. At Web Design Sacramento, we realize this. We also recognize and value our clients’ need for mobile-friendly web design and development solutions and that is why our developers are experts on AMP-powered websites to expand your customer base and grow your business. We develop Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) that load content instantaneously, capturing and keeping visitors’ attention on your website, boosting your bottom line.
COMPONENTS OF AMP
Let’s go a bit deeper to understand how exactly Accelerate Mobile Pages work. AMP comprises of three main components which we will briefly explore below:
1. AMP HTML
Accelerated Mobile Pages are like HTML pages. The only difference is that with AMP, there are some technical functionality restrictions put in place to improve performance as well as extensions that allow for the creation of rich mobile content beyond the scope of HTML.
3. Google AMP Cache
For a faster user experience (UX), Google Amp Cache provides cached copies of AMP content published to the web. Content producers/publishers still have control over their content but third-parties have the ability to cache the content so that it can be delivered faster to mobile devices.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) work on all types of published content, whether you are looking to publish articles, videos, gifs, blogs, pictures etc.
Benefits of Using AMP
Before you decided whether or not to hire a developer to help you design an AMP-powered website for your business or project, let’s take a look at the benefits you’ll be getting if you choose to use AMP over the typical responsive website design application.
- Faster Web Page Rendering: The most obvious benefit of AMP is the fact that it enables pages to load much quicker on mobile devices. Most people do not have the time or patience to wait as slow pages load on their smartphones or tablets. Using AMP, the bounce rate of your website is greatly reduced as visitors are more likely to stay on, peruse your products and buy.
- Improved Visibility for Website Publishers: In search results, you will know whether or not a web page is an accelerated mobile page because they are usually marked as such with the word “AMP” next to a “lightning” symbol. As people become more aware of the speed at which these pages load, more people will be on the lookout for that AMP symbol during searches. This improves the click through rate for your web pages that use AMP.
- Boost Search Engine Ranking: One factor that improves a website’s search ranking is the speed at which webpages load. Even though Google has stated that AMP is not yet officially a ranking signal, it’s more than likely that overtime, AMP may get a ranking boost as speed is a crucial indicator of how user-friendly a website is.
Difference Between Responsive Web Design (RWD) and AMP
- While AMP primarily pays attention to the speed at which content loads on mobile platforms, Responsive Web Design is more concerned with flexibility – designing web pages in a manner that allows them to load on a wide spectrum of available platforms, not just mobile devices.
- AMP is for static content, like published articles and blog entries, while Responsive Web Design can be used on any type of website, static and dynamic, such as online forms.
- AMP can be used exclusively to create new websites and can also be used on existing websites. So a website does not have to be redesigned when using AMP. On the other hand, RWD requires that a website is redesigned, thus replacing an existing website.
Choose Web Design Sacramento for your AMP Web Design
Web Design Sacramento understands the importance of speed when it comes to accessing information and content via the mobile web. That is why members of our team are experts in integrating AMP into existing websites as well as using AMP on new projects. Using AMP, we can guarantee that your websites are mobile friendly and perform at maximum speed to ensure that overall user experience is optimized. We’re located in Sacramento and service the Greater Sacramento area including Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom, El Dorado Hills etc. Contact us today to discuss how AMP can improve overall user experience (UX) on your mobile pages.